Saturday, January 25, 2014

Essential Oils and Immunity

I'm finding new ways to use our essential oils every single day. Right now, for example, I'm diffusing lemon and purification for the first time, and our whole house just smells CLEAN (which is an enormous feat with 3 small children, 2 of whom are in diapers). I feel like I should invite someone over just to have a witness. I've got to remember this blend!

Although I've tried a handful of new combos of oils to make creams, cleaners, etc lately, I've had one main goal: Immunity. It's flu season, and it is rampant in Mobile. At Shep's doctor's appointment last week, FOUR nurses were out with the flu. Four. I think our house will permentantly smell like Thieves after all of the diffusing I did when we got home that day! But so far, we have stayed well (with the exception of Luke having Fifth's disease - also known as "Slap Cheek," but I'm fairly sure he actually was exposed before we started using the oils much at all), and I am thanking God for using these oils to strengthen our immune systems! Here are some ways we are using them for immunity (disclaimer - I am only using Young Living essential oils):

-I'm applying Thieves, diluted with coconut oil, to the bottoms of our feet at night.
-I'm diffusing Thieves, purification and lemon (not all at the same time) a few times a day.
-I'm using one drop of lemon in place of hand sanitizer after any and all outings.
-I'm giving one drop of Thieves in a spoonful of honey when I start getting really freaked out about germ exposure. (And I'm using valor on my wrists and behind my ears to calm the heck down about germs. Seriously. I am a little crazy with a newborn around!) And a quick side note about Thieves: it's hot, hot, HOT. Honey helps, but oh my soul. Beware. Spice CITY.

This is my favorite way to use Thieves!
It's very hard to measure the effectiveness of any type of immune boost, because you are trying to guage what you're NOT experiencing. But we are healthy and well, and I'm extremely thankful. As always, I want to remind anyone that reads this (and myself) that any protection of our health is God's  doing. These oils in and of themselves are just tools in the hand of the Great Physician.

And I also should note that I've been pushing probiotics and clean(er) eating, because I truly believe this is about balance and moderation. I am really thankful for the direction God is giving us in our journey towards better health, and half the fun is meeting other moms (and whole families!) who are on this journey alongside us. God gave us one body, and I really want to continue to learn to take care of mine. Being a good steward of what we've been given is so important to me, and it's a lesson that my children can learn early, prayerfully, by our example.

If you have any questions about Young Living or essential oils in general, please feel free to email me. You also are welcome to use this link if you want to purchase anything. BUT the sign up process can be a little tricky, so I would love to talk to you and tell you a few important things first! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment