Saturday, October 1, 2011

(Bun) In the Oven

I remember this stage of pregnancy from last time (let's face it, it really wasn't that long ago!), and I'm here again- delighted to be nearing my due date, and entering into the "baking phase" of nesting.  I can't get enough of my kitchen aid mixer and my oven, so I've put both to good use lately!  A couple of the recipes have turned out to be delicious keepers, and I thought I'd share a little bit of the sugary love. Here's one of my favorites:

Blueberry Doughnut Muffins

3/4 cup sugar
1 egg
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup blueberries

Preheat the oven to 350 and lightly grease a muffin pan.  Mix the sugar and the egg together, then add in the vegetable oil, milk and vanilla.   In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients, then stir the blended dry ingredients into the sugar mixture.  Stir in the blueberries, then spoon the batter into the muffin pan.  Bake for about 17 minutes.  Remove from the oven, and lightly coat each muffin with melted butter and sprinkle sugar (liberally!) onto each muffin.  Serve and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment