Friday, September 23, 2011

Come On, November! (I think...)

Some days I feel like November will never get here, and I wish I could just skip all of the days in between today and the day I get to meet Luke.  Other days, I'm so terrified to add another baby to our family that I feel like I could throw up (or is that pregnancy nausea?!)  Either way, if I'm honest, I'm a mixed bag of emotions: excitement and fear- this baby is such an overwhelming blessing, but I'm afraid I won't have what it takes to be a momma of two!  Joy and guilt- to have another baby to love will be so wonderful, but will Sarah Claire feel like we don't love her as much if our attention is divided?  I'm anxious and impatient and thrilled and totally and completely afraid of what's about to happen, but mostly, I'm thankful.  I don't think anything will make me more grateful than holding a new and prayerfully healthy addition to our family, and introducing Sarah Claire to her little brother.  And I really can't wait to see Christopher with our SON! I think it is absolutely perfect that Luke will be making his appearance around the end of November, making him a "Thanksgiving baby"- we have so many reasons to be thankful! 

I am praying that as Luke's due date approaches, that I will be able to focus more on the excitement and joy rather than the fear and guilt.  Please pray for us as we gear up for this incredible change; we are totally incapable of doing this alone, but we are so thankful that we don't have to.  We are learning to depend on God for strength and direction, and we are so, so grateful for the family and friends that surround us with support and love every day!  We might just start Thanksgiving festivities a couple of months prematurely this year; we certainly have plenty of reasons for early celebration.  (Hopefully Auburn will win tomorrow and give us one more!)

No comments:

Post a Comment