Saturday, October 1, 2011

Anti-Fancy and Perfectly Happy!

Nap times have gotten longer, so I have had time to do a little bit more than gulp a cup of coffee and brush my teeth (hence the second blog post in one day!).  One thing I've tried to do with my extra time is personalize our home;  there are few things that make me happier than coming into our house and really feeling like it's our home.  I've spent a little too much  time on Pinterest lately, but my searching has paid off, mostly in the form of affordable decorating ideas.  One of my favorite ideas (or a version of it, anyway) was to spray paint (using stencils) a monogram onto a burlap-wrapped canvas.  I found white burlap and fell in love with it, and even though I couldn't find stencils nearly big enough, i was able to paint on our monogram.  Here's how it turned out:




This picture doesn't really capture the texture, which is my favorite part, but it gives a general idea of how it turned out.  I am sure that most decorators would cringe at my attempts to "spruce up" our house, but there's something just right about the imperfect, informal, not-quite-impressive decor.  Anything else wouldn't suit our anti-fancy selves!

I'm sure that with stencils (or a steadier hand) and a little more patience, these could be really great, so give it a try if you want- it was inexpensive and really easy, so I thought I'd pass it along!

No comments:

Post a Comment